Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buttonwillow - June 20-21

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Alan

Things to do:
Replace wheel bearings
Replace front brake pads

Things to order:
Tires
rear wheel bearings

Potential upgrade paths

Big turbo
Pros: speed
Cons: cost, fuel economy
Cost: ECU $280, wideband $220, injectors $240, exhaust $?, misc fittings and hoses a few $

Fuel cell
Pros: let pit stops
Cons: cost, three and a half hour stints
Cost: 22 gallon fuel cell $370, fuel pump $65, pickup hardware and hoses $?

Do noting
Pros: cheap and easy
Cons: probably not going to be enough to win

2Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Re: Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:49 am

Eric

Thanks for crunching the numbers. I hate to say it since I am supposed to be the one stingy with the cash, but with the rate at which we are blowing turbos, the upgrade will pay out after 3-4 races. And it would be fun to pass people like eyesore does.
Since this next race may be Marc's last though, I think it's only fair that we do offer him an arrive-and-drive option pricing option. What are your thoughts?

3Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Re: Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:55 am

Alan

I am fine with that. We could also look into adding a fourth driver to keep the costs down.

4Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Re: Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 am

Eric

We can do the upgrade, have just 3 drivers for Buttonwillow and charge Marc $750 or so. And then for Thunderhill we can do 2 arrive and drives depending on fueling strategy. One thing that I didn't think of initially is that we could charge $600ish if we do 2 arrive and drives at future races or $800ish if we just do 1.

5Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Re: Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 am

Alan

That works for me

6Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Re: Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:15 am

Eric

Marc -

We are leaving the decision up to you. Since the Buttonwillow race is going to be your last for a while, we are giving you the option to decide if you want to split the costs 3 ways, or what I think is a better deal for you is to act like an arrive and drive and just pay a flat fee and we take care of everything.

When I did arrive and drives, it was around $650 (if there were 4 drivers). Alan may be able to chime in with what the going rate for a top 10 team with only 3 drivers is, but I would assume that $800 would be a deal. What are your thoughts?

We are leaning towards the big turbo upgrade with the RE-11A tires and new wheel bearings. Those are our anticipated parts that need to be purchased.

7Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Empty Re: Buttonwillow - June 20-21 Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:02 am

Eric

Sunday work day?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum