Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transmission gasket update

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Transmission gasket update Empty Transmission gasket update Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Eric

I got the gasket in the mail today and I have attached a picture of it below. It is rubber, does not appear to be the right shape, and does not have holes in it for the bolts. I believe that rockauto.com has this part misrepresented in their online catalog as an transmission oil pan gasket when it looks more like an engine oil pan gasket. I called them, they are checking with the manufacturer and will call me back asap. Too bad that asap will be Monday since it is now 4:45 on a Friday afternoon. Moral of the story, we don't have the proper gasket. What do we want to do? I can order another one from JCWhitney this time, go to kragen/napa/autozone and get one, or just wait until Monday to hear from rockauto. Once Alan gets back, I want to work on the Jag and get it running again so we can move forward with the seat and cage. What are the recommendations?

On a side note, I also tweaked the sponsorship letter tailoring it towards tires and brakes and sent it out to a bunch of shops here in Davis. Hopefully we will get some interested people. Also, I counted up the change from the car. We can add $6.49 to our budget. Still no interest in parts, although I am maintaining the ads.

Transmission gasket update GasketfromRockauto

2Transmission gasket update Empty Re: Transmission gasket update Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 am

Ed / Cassidy

After visiting an Auto Zone, a Kragen, a GM dealership and a Jaguar dealership and not finding a gasket the decision has been made to clean up and repurpose the old gasket using some gasket maker goop on either side of the old gasket.

3Transmission gasket update Empty Re: Transmission gasket update Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Eric

Sounds like a plan to me. Alan can take care of this tomorrow or we can take care of it once I get there after work. Alan, let me know via text if I should get some form-a-gasket on my way to your house.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]