Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planning Team To Do List

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Eric

The Jag is at the exhaust shop. The guy was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked. He told me that he will remove the 2 lower cats and then try to put the mufflers back on as well. I can get it towed to my house, but what is our plan to get it back to Sac? Alan has a couple more tows, but did you have to show them id when it got picked it up? If not, I can just grab your AAA card and have it towed back. Either that, or we trailer it on Thursday evening to Antelope or Sac so you guys can leave on Friday.

27Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Alan

sweet.

they didn't ask for any id when they picked up the car, so I can just give you my car and if they have a problem with it I will just sign for it when it gets to my house.

28Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:47 am

Ed / Cassidy

What if we pick the car up from Davis on our way to Willows. It is about a 1.5 hour drive from Davis to the race track. The gates at the track open at 6:30. If Alan and I left his place at 4:00 with the trailer we could be in Davis by 4:40. Take 20 minutes to load up the Jag and be on our way to Willows. We would need somewhere to gas up the Jag, but any gas station along the way could do. This would save having to organize a way for the Jag to get back to Sac.

What is the status of the seat belt mounts?

29Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Eric

The seat belt mounts are in, but Alan has to attach the top belts to the roll cage. Everything else should be fine. I can double-check it all tonight when I get the Jag back. The trip to Davis on Friday seems like a plan. There is a Chevron and an Arco close to my house. I just bought premium at Chevron yesterday for $3.30.

30Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Alan

if you are going to keep the jag in davis you need to find a way to check the alignment. I can do it here for free, but if that is what you want to do get it done.

31Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Ed / Cassidy

It would be nice to have the alignment checked. I was proposing keeping the Jag in Davis to save Alan a tow on his AAA or the complication of running out there with the truck and trailer. If the Jag needs to come back to Sac to have its alignment checked then I am for that.

32Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Eric

A checked alignment would be good. Alan, did you have to show the AAA driver your id when he got there?

33Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Alan

nope he just asked for the card

34Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Eric

Are you home today? Can I pick up the card from you after I get off work and then I will have AAA come to the exhaust shop and deliver the car to your house?

35Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Alan, here is a list that I put together of things that I think we will want to take to the track day.

Lunch and assorted food items
lots of water
welder
angle grinder
floor jacks
jack stands
spare tire
folding chairs
extra automotive fluids
assorted hand tools
ammeter
jump box
tire air pump
torque wrench
IR thermometer
Jumper cables
tire pressure gauge
Shade?

A number of these items I have and will be bringing. Also, how long is your couch?

36Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Alan

Updated to do list:

wire mesh
flush radiator
torque wheels
clean windshield
remove passenger seat
mount fire extinguisher
clean up wiring
finish padding
vacuum
modify gas filler
check fluids
kill switch sticker
terminal paint
Mount and wire cool shirt system
Acquire additional seat padding

Last edited by Alan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

37Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Ed / Cassidy

To add to Alan's list.

Mount and wire cool shirt system
Acquire additional seat padding

38Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Eric, could you please get Napa to send pads and rotors to their Willows branch?

39Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:53 am

Ed / Cassidy

Naturally waiting to book a hotel room has come to bite us in the ass.

I have three hotels that still have rooms left. The options are as follows.

Of the two nicer hotel rooms, one has two double beds in a non smoking room and the other has two queens in a smoking room.

There is a hotel that has two queens in a non smoking room, but the hotel has gotten very poor reviews and amongst other things, the roof is reported to be falling down.

I would like to book the room today.

40Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 am

Eric

I will order the parts today.
As for the hotel room, a shitty room for a couple nights never hurt anyone. What is the price difference?

41Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:40 am

Ed / Cassidy

The total price spread between the three is ~$30 total. The owner of the shitty one lost her franchise license due to the low cleanliness conditions of her facility.

42Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am

Eric

If it's only $10 each, we should go for the nicer one. It would be worth it for me. I also contacted Thunderhill regarding Friday. Registration is at 7, practice is from 9-5. The cost is $200 for a car and driver, and $50 for each additional driver.

43Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 am

Ed / Cassidy

Ok. Price was not what I was asking about. It's beds.

What is the preference?

2 queens non smoking in a shitty hotel
2 queens smoking in a decent hotel
2 doubles non smoking in a decent hotel.

44Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Eric

2 doubles in a non smoking decent room is my vote

45Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Jay says that as long as the lightning bolt is easily visible it can be painted on.

46Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Eric

There are no passengers allowed on Friday's test day. We can remove the seat and mount the extinguisher this week. Alan, do you want to shoot for working on the Jag tomorrow after I get off work? I will bring my torque wrench and we can double check everything. Hopefully we will have the wire mesh by then as well.

47Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Alan

I need to pick some stuff up from my parents place and I was planning on doing that tomorrow. I think you have a key to the garage if you want to work tomorrow. If not we can just finish it on Wednesday.

48Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Eric

I will do a little bit of work tomorrow. That way, we will have a little less to do on Wednesday. The wheels should be 75 ft-lbs, right?

49Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Alan

yes

50Planning Team To Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I booked a room with two double beds at the Days Inn in Willows. Total cost 168.28. We will figure out how to divide up the cost based on room usage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum