Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cage Build

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cage Build Empty Cage Build Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I called Evil Genius

They estimated a cage with NASCAR bars and a dash bar to be ~$1,800. That is a bit more than the quote we got from Clint. However, Evil Genius has built three other cages for A4s in Lemons so we can be certain that they will pass tech. I was also told that they currently have a two week window in the shop where they are available to build us a cage. We will want that race seat before we send the car in to be built.

2Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:35 am

Eric

Does that price include seat mounting? If so, that will be the route we want to go.

3Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I didn't ask, but I did mention that we needed procure a seat before we could take the car in.

What were we quoted by Clint's shop?

4Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Eric

$1600, but that does not include the seat. If Evil Genius' quote does not include the seat, Clint's shop may be cheaper. It's closer to Alan's too. Let me know and I can arrange a drop off. We may be able to do it this weekend if we have the seat in and I let the shop know asap.

5Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

Eric

No answer from the new shop. Should we plan on Evil genius and dropping it off this weekend after some work gets done?

6Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:33 am

Ed / Cassidy

Eric wrote:No answer from the new shop. Should we plan on Evil genius and dropping it off this weekend after some work gets done?

I would say yes.  I just got this email back from John at EGR:  "We still have that opening.. But it will close up quickly, we just took in a car yesterday and have a couple of others looking to get cars in here soon.. Since you guys are repeat customers we will get you in.  On the seat mount- we'd have to look it over to determine the cost.  If simple it could be almost nothing, if complex it could be expensive.  [...] Keep in mind that we offer a 5% discount if paid by cash or check, that can lower your costs."

7Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am

Eric

Can we drop it off sunday?

8Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

Ed / Cassidy

Eric wrote:Can we drop it off sunday?

I'm checking on that now.

9Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Eric

We will be dropping off the Audi for the cage build at 8am at Evil Genius. I anticipate picking up the car on Sunday morning (7:30ish), having Kimia drive my car and caravan to the shop.

Alan -
I am highly recommending that you caravan with us as well so you can talk to John about seat mounting. I am assumming that you will be figuring that out on Saturday. Does this work for you?

10Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Eric and Alan will be dropping the A4 off at Evil Genius Racing on Sunday the 27th at 8:00AM. They will be met by John unless they run late and have to reschedule for after 11:00AM in which case they will be meeting Dan.

The A4 is to get a full, Lemons-legal cage with driver's side NASCAR bars and a dash bar. If the seat is not mounted by then EGR will mount the seat as well. Eric will be on hand to make sure that the seat position is just comfortable for him without the steering wheel fully extended. We want the seat to be less than 6" from the seat harness cross bar so that the seat can be moved forward if needed without being more than 6" from the seat harness cross bar. Also make sure that the the driver can reach 3rd gear with the seat mounted (I don't think we'll need 5th on the track) and shoulders firmly against the seat.

Anything that should be added?

11Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Eric

Just a thought... we may need 5th. The audi is geared low.

12Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 am

Ed / Cassidy

Update me. Anything I should know about dropping the car off to be caged?

13Cage Build Empty Re: Cage Build Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:07 am

Eric

Car is getting caged this week. It should be done by the weekend for us to continue working on. $1800 was the estimate and John recommended solidly mounting the seat for now, but with various bolt holes so it can be moved. We will see if that is sufficient and can always go with sliders later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]