Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Million Dollar Jag

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Eric

Excellent. I am glad to see that you are settling in to your new house. If you need help on Saturday, just let me know. I have no plans all day.

27The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Alan

The picture you have all been waiting for
The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 P1000011

also for a theme I am thinking the green hornet.
The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 The-Green-Hornet-Wallpaper-1

28The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 am

Ed / Cassidy

Good idea. In hindsight it seems so simple. Plus, that will give us an excuse for a fake control panel with switches like; Missiles, Guns, and Seth Rogen's Talent. The one thing we could do for real would be a smokescreen.

I don't recall there having been a Green Hornet theme done before, but there may be a glut of them in the next few races.

29The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Eric

With the Cool Runnings theme, we will most likely be the only one. I like the Green Hornet and it is more current, but I fear that others may do it as well. I think the Cool Runnings will be the most entertaining for the crowd. Also, I was cruising the pick n pull website and there is a 94 XJ6 at the Antelope pick n pull. I will probably go check it out next weekend and see if it has rotors. I am assuming that it has the same ones as the XJ12. There is also a 94 van der plas in Fairfield and a 96 van der plas in Newark. I will try to make it out to Fairfield and check that one out as well.

30The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I should make a list of questions to ask the parts counter at the Jag dealership.

31The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Alan

so just to be clear the lady gaga theme is out. right?

32The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am

Ed / Cassidy

:(

For what it's worth, on the race application I told them that we would be doing the Lady Gaga theme. I figured that it was mostly likely to get us accepted and that I could always email Jay later and let him know if I was out-voted. When I first asked him about meat on the car, he wanted to know if we were doing some Oscar Mayer/Jimmy John theme.

Meat Car = Lemon's Legends

Cool Runnings / Green Hornet = Accepted but not Celebrated.

We have a month or two before we have to make a decision on themes.

So... work weekend? We need to pull those front and rear suspensions out. Also Eric, if you do go hunting Jags in the junkyards, pull some swaybar bushings as well. Maybe 3rd member and subframe bushings as too.

33The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Alan

definitely a work weekend

my concerns about the meat theme are as follows:

money. at about 5 $/lb deli meat is not cheap. we are probably looking at about 3 sq-ft per lb and about 240 sq-ft of area to cover, which puts us at $400

rancid meat smell. meat after two full days is the sun is not going to be so fresh

the WTF and not in a good way. I think I can picture what you have in mind and yes it would be cool, but to do it right we would need to cover the car in steak not deli meat. deli meat is going to look like a flappy pile of, well, deli meat.

on top of that we have to attach it to the car somehow

I think we should do something ridiculous I just think that this is the wrong kind of ridiculous.

I am fine with using the cool running or green hornet theme for the application, which isn't due until Saturday, and if we come up with something better then we change it.

34The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 am

Ed / Cassidy

All valid points. I know that I was not looking forward to getting two day old meat soaking into my fire suit while leaning into the engine bay to work on the car. If we do the Cool Runnings theme I think that we should claim to work at a bleach factory in Jamaica. It beats the alternative of going in blackface. Also, I was looking at pictures from the new Green Hornet and one of the villains seems to have a gun that is two Desert Eagles welded together. This weapon interests me.

I got a little excited with the application deadline. I knew that they were going to make their decision on the 17th and in the past you had to have your submissions in a week ahead of time. They only recently posted that they weren't due until the 15th.

Shall we do the typical 9:00 or 10:00 AM start time? Also, what is your new address?

35The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 am

Ed / Cassidy

If you guys have any suggestions, I can revise our application essay to reflect that we are looking at either Cool Runnings or Green Hornet themes. In the meantime I will try and come up with some cool way of saying it. Maybe I could write it with a Jamaican accent.

36The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Ed / Cassidy

This is kinda unrelated to our theme and car prep, but what if we made a faux cheater out of our Jag. We could parody all the common cheaty stuff.

Paint KwhyB on the struts, BRAMBOW on the calipers, paint Cheatonium Reservoir on the fuel tank. If we don't find a rear swaybar we could make one out of PVC. Make a paper strut tower brace for under the hood. Let's see if we can get one penalty lap and become the first Jag to get laps. Of course all of this stuff comes off after B.S. inspection.

37The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Eric

My vote is still for Cool Runnings. I think that it will be simple, but funny (especially when we push the car through tech again but this time it starts up when we want it to). Alan and I signed up for a Track day at Thunderhill on Saturday, but we can work as early as you guys want on Sunday. Also, I don't know if you guys have Monday off, but we can work then. I plan on going to the picknpull tomorrow to look at the Jags. I will give you guys a full synopsis when I get done. Hopefully they will have all that we need.

38The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Sounds good Eric, just be sure of your parts interchangeability. I'll be at work from 7:30 till 4:30 so if you need me to look anything up just ask.

39The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Eric

Ok. If I have any questions I'll text you for parts lookup.

Also, would you guys rather just buy all new rotors for the Jag? I found some from the same company that I bought all of my brakes for the MR2 from, so I trust their integrity. They are OEM quality, so they aren't high performance, but to compare... used rotors from a picknpull are $17 each(if I can find some). If it were up to me and we decide that we need rotors, I would go with the new ones. What do you guys think?

40The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 am

Ed / Cassidy

With the Jag only expected to last one more race, it is a difficult question. Inventory what you find. If some junkyard rotors still have a lot of life on them they would be nice.

41The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:26 am

Alan

if the rotors look good pick them up and if not we will buy new ones. It is the caliper that we are really looking for. the 96 should have larger front rotors and vented rears.

42The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:16 am

Ed / Cassidy

So Alan, work day on Sunday? 10:00AM?

43The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Ed / Cassidy

What is everyone's thoughts on doing some ground effects for the Jag? Say something akin to a front splitter, side skirts and maybe a rear splitter as well.

Will it help the car be faster? Probably not. If anything it may make working under it a bit more difficult. With how low Fluffy is going to be it would look awesome though.

44The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Eric

The lower we can make Fluffy look and still drivable, I am down for. We can go from having a monster truck at Thunderhill to a low-rider at Infineon.

45The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Eric

What time are we working tomorrow? I am free all day.

46The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I am planning on hitting the Jag dealer along the way so I won't be able to be there before 10 or 10:30. Shay just text me to say that he has to travel for business this weekend. You and Alan could start whenever, and I'll pitch in when I finish at the dealers.

In other words, start at 9 or 10. Depends on how much you and Alan want to drink tonight.

47The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Eric

10 works for me. How does that sound Alan?

48The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I am going to link the various chip websites that I have found here. None of them look particularly legit to me.

http://www.gfchips.com/jaguarxj12.aspx

http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/

http://www.racepages.com/parts/performance_chip/xj12.html

49The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:06 am

Alan

so yeah
The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Miata_10

50The Million Dollar Jag - Page 2 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 am

Ed / Cassidy

The words "ugly stick" come to mind. Also, whoever put the "Like New" sticker on the windshield obviously doesn't speak English.

That being said it is 100X better than the best CRX.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum