Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Million Dollar Jag

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:19 am

Ed / Cassidy

I'll get working on the wing bits.

18" x 64" x 24"

Is the resin transparent?

102The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 am

Eric

I will order the bearings and the o2 sensor today. Whats your address alan? Ill ship them to you. Do we need anything else from online?

103The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Eric

O2 sensors are left and right specific. Alan, can you test them to see which is bad? They are $53 each, so I would prefer not to have to buy both.

104The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Alan

The says b bank which I think is the left side

105The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Eric

how certain are you that it's the left side?

106The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Alan

Not very

107The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Eric

I am sure that they are the same thing, so I will just order one. From what I can tell, the specs are the same.

108The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Alan

it look like the axle nuts are semi one time use, so if they are cheap lets add a set to the list.

my address is
10518 Coloma Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

109The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Ed / Cassidy

So I cruised Home Depot for materials to skin the wing and the two that I liked the most were Astro Turf or some other outdoor carpet, or that roofing stuff that is black plastic with the fake gravel imprinted into it.

What I was looking for was a thickish material that would bend in a tight radius but not be elastic.

I have the wing about 95% designed and almost all of the materials picked out. I will try and use scrap plywood that we have lying around here but will need to buy mounting hardware. I am planning on using 1/4-20 all the way around.

The first drawing is of all the pieces together. They will more or less snap together and then be secured with wood glue except where the spoiler mount meets the spoiler and the trunk.
[img]The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Pieces%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us[/img]

The second drawing shows the various angles of attack that we can adjust the spoiler to. It goes from 0 - 35 degrees of attack.

[img]The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Angleofattach%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us[/img]

The last drawing is of a concern of mine. I worry that the spoiler will hit the roof when we open the trunk. Alan. Could you provide me a side view picture of the trunk open so that I can gauge our clearance?

[img]The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Trunkx%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us[/img]

I estimate that the without the skin, the spoiler will weigh between 10 and 15lbs.

110The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Alan

hitting the roof isn't going to be an issue. Iy yo keep everything within 2ft of the back of the trunk it wont hit, otherwise you get about 23" of vertical space

111The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Weekend Game Plan

Here is the plan the way that I see it going down. Feel free to correct me.

Saturday: I assume that we have, or will have the parts needed to do the wheel bearings. That is, the bearings, new wheel nuts and the correct bearing grease. We probably want to focus on the bearings first before we tackle the brakes.

For the brakes, I think we have an air leak into the master cylinder somewhere. It may be a bitch to find.

I plan on having the bits for the wing except for maybe the fabric skin. All of the fabric stores that I know of in Sac are in the Roseville area.

I will not be coming into town Friday night like I usually do. I will be coming in Saturday morning. I probably won't be getting into town until around noon, so Eric and Alan, you two should probably start without me.

Sunday: We are scheduled to be on the dyno at EGR at 1:30PM. I understand that we will have AAA tow the car to and from the shop so Alan, unless you need me there for moral support, I will meet you at EGR.

Any Questions?

112The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Eric

The bearings should all be in tomorrow, so I will pick them and the O2 sensor up then. Cass, did you say that you had some grease from when you did the work on the Mustang? If not, I will get some of that tomorrow as well. As for the axle nuts, I can not find them. Kragen and Napa both do not carry them, nor can I locate them on the ever trustworthy internet. I will continue searching for them. Worst case, do you think ACE or Home Depot would have them? They can't be too special.

113The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Alan

I don't think it will be a problem to reuse the old ones

114The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Eric. I haven't seen the grease in years so I don't want to bet on still having it. Pick up some, but make sure that it is for disk brakes. Also, scoop some loctite for reusing the wheel nuts.

115The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Eric

I will grab both the grease and the loctite.

116The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Eric

Alan -

10:00am tomorrow? Also, do you have a 27mm socket by chance?

117The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Alan

sounds good but I'm not sure on the socket I'll check when I get home

118The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 am

Eric

Cass -

Nomex socks for $17 plus shipping on Summit. Do you want L or XL?

119The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 am

Ed / Cassidy

I wear a size 11. I don't know how that correlates to their sizing. I guess, throw me down for a large.

120The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 am

Eric

I bought the Nomex socks and got them in the mail today so we are set there. I also bought a 50 pack of misc hose clamps from ebay. I was also thinking of other supplies/parts to buy before the race. Let me know what you think of my list and if you want to add anything.

10feet Trans cooler hose (what size is it... 3/8"?) ($15)
Liquid electrical tape ($7)
RTV silicone ($7)
Liquid gasket
4qts engine oil (should we get 11) ($32-80)
4qts trans oil ($15)
carb cleaner ($2)
WD40 ($2)
electrical tape ($2)
paper towels ($6)
fan belt ($6)
alternator belt ($6)
fire extinguisher ($25)
5 gallons of Distilled water

121The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I'd vote for these items:

10feet Trans cooler hose

RTV silicone

11qts engine oil

4qts trans oil

paper towels ($6)

fan belt ($6)

alternator belt ($6)

fire extinguisher ($25)

122The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:19 am

Eric

I just got an email about begging for an extension of paying for Reno. Do either of you want to do that since you have been on email contact with them in the past? If not, I can try to draft up a letter.

123The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Alan said that he was going to draft and send that email.

124The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Alan

Already been done. They said it was fine

125The Million Dollar Jag - Page 5 Empty Re: The Million Dollar Jag Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Excellent!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum