Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planning Team To Do List

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 am

Ed / Cassidy

Eric, do you have the tie downs that go with the raft? If so drop two off in the trunk of the Jag.

52Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 am

Eric

I believe that I have them in the green recycle bin with all of the other raft stuff. I will check for them tonight.

53Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 am

Ed / Cassidy

I will be bringing my ghetto boom box, so if there is any music that you would like to listen in bring it in standard CD format. Otherwise you will be listening to the kind of stuff that makes me happy and unless you like random, European techno covers of country western songs I suggest you bring some music of your own.

54Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:54 am

Eric

I like the idea of the stereo. I will burn a few cds.

Alan, are we working today? Let's tie up some loose ends. The wheels are torqued. We need to overall clean up the car, mount the extinguisher, flush the radiator, check the fluids, and figure out the fueling.

55Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 am

Alan

lets do it

56Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 am

Ed / Cassidy

If you guys can get me the height of the shim that the cool shirt ice chest will need under that one corner I can make it out of wood here at work.

Also, if anything else needs to be made, I have one more day of access to the machine shop.

57Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:48 am

Eric

Did we decide on mounting the ice chest to the back seat? Do we need brackets for that?

58Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Alan

We are looking at a high of 91 on Saturday and 89 on Sunday. I think it might be time to start thinking about skipping the cool suit, since it will be pretty cool and we are this far behind on it.

59Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Ed / Cassidy

The cool suit is basically done. I have all four shirts made, the pump and baffles are installed and the hose routing is all figured out. All I need is about half an hour to cut the hoses to final length, seal the holes that they pass through in the cooler, mount the cooler and install the wiring. All I need from you guys to take a tape measure and tell me how tall a shim I need to make.

60Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Alan

just keep in mind that Friday is not a work day. We need to have the car done before tech which starts at 9:00 am. so if you can get it done and safely secured in the car by then great, otherwise we need to scrap it.

here is what I consider to the the list or requirements that is has to meet for me to get in the car with it.
1. cooler secured in all directions and able to withstand a crash
2. No leaks. full of water you should be able to flip it over without leaking
3. All parts securely mounted to the car
4. hoses and wires routed in a way that does not interfere with any function of the car

as you can tell I am not going to sacrifice safety for a slight bit of comfort

61Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Ed / Cassidy

As I understand the schedule for Friday it is as follows:

7:30 Gate opens
9-4 Pre Track Testing
12-5 Tech inspection

Hopefully you will be hearing from Kevin today about him picking up the Jag sometime during the day on Thursday. If the Jag is in Antelope when I get into town at 7:00 I have 1.5-2 hours before the sun sets to get everything in place and working. Then I also have whatever time between when we get into our pit and when we go to tech and the car is not on the track to fine tune the system. If it fails, we rip it out.

62Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Alan

john said they are short on tech people so it will start early

63Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Alan

I thought that I was going to be tired of the jag after the race, but I feel like we have unfinished business(the car and I).

What are your feelings on the team, the car, and Buttonwillow?

64Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 am

Ed / Cassidy

After the race I was ready to pull the seat out of it and junk it. Now I am thinking that it could have another race in it.

I won't be ready for Buttonwillow. If we race it again I say that we hold onto it over the course of the winter and then prep it for a racing in the spring/summer/fall.

The race stirred up considerable interest amongst my friends and family and there is interest in fielding a two car team for next year. The front-runner theme so far would be a tortoise and hare theme, with the Jag playing the role of the hare and an air-cooled VW playing the role of the tortoise.

65Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 am

Ed / Cassidy

To see the results from the transponder go here:

http://www.mylaps.com/index.jsp

Enter password for both the user name and password and then select the event from the list. Then click on "race" on the white background in the gray bar between 8:00 and 7 Aug.

66Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Eric

I am definitely down to race again. I don't know about Buttonwillow in December since the race is the weekend before finals and I am going to be taking 18 units. I am 100% down for the Springtime though. I had a ton of fun and would be in for another go now that we have time to work out the kinks of the Jag.

67Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Alan

Would there be any interest in running the Midget as the 2nd car?

I got it running. It starts right up and idles smoothly. It doesn't rev all that well right now, but I think it is just a stuck choke.

1600lbs
53hp tractor engine
yellow

how could you say no?

68Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Do you ever hear an idea so good that despite your strongest reservations you just can't say no?

That
Just
Happened

Now we just need 4+ more team members (assuming that we can get Ben to come back).

Jesus, a two car team comprising the largest and smallest British cars ever run at Lemons (what minis?) would change the course of Western History as we know it.

69Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Eric

What can I say besides HELL YA!!! I love the idea, but can we furnish together enough for a whole other team. Sign me up, I'm in. Are we shooting for March at Infineon?

70Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Alan

Well I guess it is settled.

I never got a chance to get it setup before I graduated, but we are going to try to get funding as a school club. If that goes through they should get enough money to cover two or three drivers.

do you guy have anyone that is seriously interested

71Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Alan

and yes Sears Point please, aka Infineon for the rookies

72Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Ed / Cassidy

With a top speed of 88mph and a 0-60 of 18 seconds I think we need to set up the MG and Jag with some sort of coupling system where the Jag can push the MG down the straights to help its acceleration.

I had some people who were interested in driving a bug. I'll have to see about the MG.

Would the MG team be Fraidy Cat Racing JV?

A good theme that joins these two cars and we could take Organizers Choice.

Before we get too far into it we should see if John at EGR thinks a cage can be safely installed.

73Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Alan

Yeah the cage will be tricky. I will pick up the seat next time I am at my parents house to see how it looks.

We would have to come up with a theme that includes both cars, but I haven't had any good ideas yet.

If we wanted to be slightly brave we could add a simple turbo setup. With a compression ratio of 7.5:1 there is plenty of room for boost. If not I think I can get a set of individual carbs off of a honda f4 for nearly free.

74Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:22 am

Ed / Cassidy

Yeah, but you said it right there. Reliably turboing a carbureted engine is going to be a bitch. Would we put the turbo upstream or downstream from the carburetor? Both have their complications and dangers.

Also, what is the possibility of getting this car street legal so that we don't have to tow it everywhere?

75Planning Team To Do List - Page 3 Empty Re: Planning Team To Do List Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 am

Ed / Cassidy

So some numbers.

Midget XJ12

1600lbs 3800lbs
1L engine 6L engine
53hp 304hp
60f/lbs 330f/lbs
88mph 155mph+

...I think that with the Midget we go with a Mini Me theme. It could be something like the Midget being a "Bobcat XJ4" to the Jaguar XJ12. We could name the Midget "Simba".

Following along the same line with large cats, if we can come up with a suitable small cat, then the Jag can become Hobbes of "Calvin and Hobbes". This would allow the team to go dressed as Calvin's various alter-egos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum