Fraidy Cat Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next work day

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

Eric

Updates anyone?

Alan, have you been able to do anything? What should be our first order of business next week?

27Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:00 am

Alan

I haven't done anything yet.

as for what we should start with, I propose:
1. clean
2. remove unnecessary crap
3. find and fix all leaks
4. brakes
5. cooling
97. win

28Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Being the person furthest from the car it is completely logical for me to include my two cents here.

1. Find and fix the transmission fluid leak
2. Flush transmission and replace fluid and filter
3. Remove what remains of the AC system; compressor, condenser, etc (contact me if you need an idea of how to get the condenser out)
4. Make an inventory of all suspension bushings and systems that we want to repair or replace.
5. Begin to remove as much of the interior as possible. As soon as possible after we get enough people and money together to pay up on the Lemons website I want to get the cage installed.
6. Decide on a seat and where it will be located. The shorter ones of us will sit in it and decide how thick a seat pad we need to fab up.
7. Go through the brakes very carefully. Replace all of the brake fluid and fix that leak.

More to follow...

29Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Alan

so when is our next work day?

I am working on getting the garage cleaned out so I can find my own damn tools. I should have that done later tonight or tomorrow. After that I am going to see what I can salvage from the VW. It has a battery box and some gauges and possibly a seat if we get really cheap.

any word on new members? I have asked a few more but haven't found any yet.

30Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 am

Eric

How did the garage cleaning go? I am free tomorrow if you want to work on it.

31Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 am

Eric

Just so you know Cass, Alan and I are working on the Jag today. Alan and I have decided that the best course of action is to clean, track down all of the leaks, fix them, and then dominate that transmission. If there is anything else that you think has priority, call me. Once we get those things done today (hopefully), we will progress onto more.

32Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:11 am

Ed / Cassidy

No, I think that if you patch the brake and transmission leaks and flush the transmission fluid we should be in a pretty good place. If you want to remove the rest of the AC system that would be fine as well. Check the brake rotors.

As a heads up I will be talking to Ben of Oregon tonight. I will let you guys know how it goes.

33Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Eric

Well, we didn't get around to the transmission today, but I want to do that on Friday when I get back from Fresno. We did degrease it all, so now we will be able to tell where the leaks are coming from better. The interior is stripped and I attached some pictures below. The back end is riding high, I have listed a ton of the interior parts on Craigslist and it is starting to look more like a lemons car now.

Next work day - Page 2 0615001141
Next work day - Page 2 0615001141a
Next work day - Page 2 0615001141b
Next work day - Page 2 0615001407
Next work day - Page 2 0615001407a

34Next work day - Page 2 Empty Hi, Guys Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Ben of Oregon

It looks like you are doing things right. I laughed when Ed referred to me as "Ben of Oregon" in a different post so I took that as my Forum name. Really looking forward to helping you out. If you have any questions for me, fire away. I'll do all I can from here. I need to be in S. San Francisco July 12th. If it makes sense I can add a day and come over and meet you guys and see the "Cat" or even help out. Just let me know.

Last edited by Ben of Oregon on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

35Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Ed / Cassidy

Welcome to the forum Ben. I have a tendency to identify people by their location or how I know them. You should see my cell phone contacts list. It's full of people identified by name and some other detail to help me remember them.

As for July 12th. I live in Oakland so you are welcome to meet me any time. I also frequently head into Sacramento for the weekend to visit friends and family. I would be very interested in meeting you and I'm sure that Alan and Eric would as well.

36Next work day - Page 2 Empty July Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Ben of Oregon

July 12th is a Monday. I could see about coming in on Sunday if that would give me a chance to meet you guys. My meeting on Monday isn't until late afternoon so that gives us some room there, too. Let me know what you think.

37Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Ed / Cassidy

I don't know what your schedule is for the 12th. When I am in Sac I usually leave around 4PM on Sunday to head back to Oakland. I work in Oakland too, near the 80/880 freeway. I will be working on that Monday, but I have lunch from 12-1PM.

38Next work day - Page 2 Empty Re: Next work day Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 am

Eric

Ben -

I would like to meet you as well. I have work all day on Monday, but Sunday I should be available all day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum